Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blog #19- Answer 2

EQ:
 What is the best way to become an accomplished guitar player?

Answer 2:
 Guitarist don't play along the rules of it's the player not the guitar. There needs to be an equivalent amount of effort required from the two. That's why I believe that learning how to properly maintain your guitar would better allow someone to become a more accomplished guitarist.

Evidence:
• As I did my research I found out about all these things having to do with my guitar that could potentially affect it's playability. I learned about truss rod adjustment and how that can bend your guitar too much or too little. Knowing something like this can really help someone out.
• I think one of the most essential things one needs to know is how to properly remove and put new strings. Seeing as I own both a classical and electric guitar I had to learn how to do both. As I learned I found that it can either be easy or a pain in the neck depending on what tools you use. Knowing what strings and how to place them can end with a much better sound.
• I learned that pieces of guitars have to be replaced such as the nut or saddle of guitars. I learned how to remove nut and sand them down to the right size providing correct string adjustment and maximum playability.

Source:
For my information I used 2 sources mostly. • My main source that I register my information was my service learning. I work under the wing of a guitar repair man you can call him. He has 30 years of guitar playing experience and he is teaching me what he knows. I learned that maintaining your guitar is one of the main things every accomplished guitarist needs to know.
• My second important source was a book I had been using with my service learning mentor. It is a book that explains all about guitar repairs that you can do on your own and how to do it. this book really helped me a lot because it gave step by step and exact measurements.

Conclusion:
Becoming a guitarist isn't all about just knowing how to play chords and sing songs with it. You need to be experienced all around to be at your prime condition. That's why I believe it is essential to know proper guitar maintenance because without a working guitar there is no great guitarist.

No comments:

Post a Comment